Residence and Investment in Austria
Residence Permit through investment: We support you to obtain it
More than often, foreign investors want to move their residence to Austria in the long-term. Living in a healthy and safe environment, protecting their fortune, getting the best education for their children or simply enjoying the culture and lifestyle of Europe are only some of the reasons behind such a decision. The country is rightfully considered one of the most prosperous, stable and economically developed in the world, an insider's tip for a safe-haven, and much more than simply the little brother of Switzerland. Our team at Benesteem has decades of experience on this topic, and can help you with its established network of specialized law firms and high-level political contacts.
- Active commercial investments are the only realistic chance for non-Europeans to get a permit.
- The quotas for non-commercial resident permits for non-European Union citizens are only a handful per year, so very little chance of success.
- However, Austria welcomes foreigners who invest in the economy.
- If your investment is deemed to be of special economic value, you can apply for a residence permit for the whole family. It is not required to donate or freeze the amount in a bank account: the capital must work for the benefit of the investor and the country.
- If your investment is regarded as being of "special macroeconomic benefit", you can even expect active support from the Austrian authorities, both for the project itself and for your residence permit.
- The program, called "Red-White-Red Card for Self-employed Key Managers", allows you to move to Austria, do business there, educate children, enjoy social benefits, buy real estate without restrictions and travel to the Schengen countries without visas. Five years later, you can apply for a life-long residence permit, and ten years later for Austrian citizenship. Read here a detailed case study on how it works in practice.